Switch Your Thinking
Guitar Workstation®
FAQs, Topics Related to DigiTech Guitar Workstations

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-Edit / RP350 - Can you use Patches as a VSTi in a DAW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guitar Workstation® Forum Index -> General Discussion and Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savelyev

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: X-Edit / RP350 - Can you use Patches as a VSTi in a DAW? Reply with quote

Well, here's the situation I have:

1. I need to create new patches for a particular instruments whose sonic qualities differ from the guitar's. This will involve a lot of editing, so I'm gonna use the X-Edit for that.

2. My task is to record in a DAW 2 bars of sound consisting of solo phrase (1st bar) and rhythm (2nd bar).

3. Now I need to build presets using the same dry signal. That is, I'll compare several patches against the same material, which will give me more info on what to use on solo and what on rhythm parts.

Now the question is, can I do these things at the same time using only the USB connection:

(1) play the prerecorded sound in my DAW as a constant loop
(2) have X-Edit open to choose the patch
(3) and actually listen to the change in sound when triggering this or that patch when using X-Edit?

So, in short, I'd like to use my sound and put it through RP350 so that I could hear the patch in use and then use X-Edit to edit the patch and again hear the result at once. Yes, and all this is without actually playing the instrument, that is, I'd like to use the audio sample played within the DAW or any other audio player.

Pls. copy your reply to alexander.savelyev@gmail.com

Thank you,

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guitar Workstation® Forum Index -> General Discussion and Chatter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: